WHERE is Salvation? #1
THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT the following question please:
Is there ever a time—in all of the Bible—when God restricted salvation—to just ONE location?
Let’s explore this together with an open mind and open Bible (cf. Acts 17:11).
Please read the following texts and then answer the questions listed below.
READ Genesis chapters 6-7:
- WHAT did God promise He was going to do to the earth? 6:7, 13, 17
- WHY did God say He was going to do this? 6:5, 11-13
- WHAT did God tell Noah to do? (Be specific). 6:14-22
- WHY was the ark even necessary in the first place? 6:17; 7:7
- WHERE did God command Noah and his family to go? 7:1, 7
- WHAT happened to all human life that was not in the ark? 7:21-23; 2 Pet. 2:5; 3:5-6
- WHAT happened to all human life that was in the ark? 7:23; 1 Pet. 3:20; cf. Eph. 1:3
- WHAT IF someone had watched the aged patriarch (7:6) and his family as they constructed the ark and this individual had asked, “Noah, do you think you and your family are the only ones who are going to be saved on the earth?”, WHAT would/could Noah have said?
- WOULD it have been arrogant for Noah to tell his neighbor that salvation was restricted to just one place (i.e., inside the ark–2 Pet. 2:5)? Would it have been wrong or unloving for Noah to tell his neighbor that “God told me that salvation was found only in the ark?” (Explain your answer).
- If it was neither arrogant, wrong, nor unloving, for Noah to tell a neighbor that salvation was restricted to just one place (i.e., the ark) back before the Flood, would it be arrogant, wrong, or unloving for a Christian to say that “God tells us through His Word that salvation is found only in one place (i.e., the church) today? 1 Tim. 3:15; Mat. 16:13-18; Acts 2:47; Eph. 1:22-23; 4:4; Col. 1:18