WHERE is Salvation? #5
THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT the following question please:
Is there ever a time—in all of the Bible—when God restricted salvation—to just ONE location?
Let’s explore this together with an open mind and open Bible (cf. Acts 17:11).
Please read the following chapter and then answer the questions listed below—2 Kings 5:
- WHAT was physically wrong with Naaman? v. 1
- HOW did Naaman find out about a possible cure for his ailment? vv. 2-4
- WHAT two kings were involved in Naaman’s story? vv. 5-7
- WHAT prophet heard about the king of Israel’s actions and Naaman’s illness? v. 8
- WHERE did Naaman go to get instructions on to how to be cleansed? v. 9
- WHERE exactly did Elisha tell Naaman to go in order to be cleansed, and WHAT exactly was Naaman to do when he got there? v. 10
- HOW did Naaman feel when he heard Elisha’s directive? vv. 11-12
- WHAT two other places did Naaman think were better than what Elisha had commanded? v. 12
- WHO helped Naaman get a proper perspective about what he needed to do in order to be cleansed? v. 13
- WHAT exactly did Naaman do in order to be cleansed? v. 14; cf. Acts 2:37; 16:30
- WOULD Naaman have been cleansed if he had dipped in either the Abana or Pharpar rivers?
- WOULD Naaman have been cleansed if he had dipped in the Jordan only six times?
- WAS Naaman cleansed before or after he had dipped in the Jordan seven times, and HOW does the Bible describe his skin when he obeyed Elisha’s word? v. 14; cf. Psa. 51:7
- Since God said (through Elisha) that Naaman’s cleansing (i.e., salvation) was found ONLY in dipping in the Jordan seven times, would it be arrogant or unloving say that our spiritual cleansing today can ONLY be received when a person obeys the gospel? 1 Cor. 15:1-3; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2:38; 22:16; Rom. 6:3-4, 17-18; Eph. 4:5; 1 Pet. 3:21
- WHAT does the Lord do today with obedient believers who obey the gospel? Acts 2:47, 37-38