How Often Did the Early Church Function? – July 27
HAVE YOU EVER considered how often members of the first century church practiced their faith?
- In Matthew 6:11, Jesus taught His disciples to pray, “Give us this day our DAILY bread…” Mat. 6:11
- In Luke 9:23, Jesus declared, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross DAILY and follow me…”
- In Acts 2:46 we are told that the early church engaged in mutual fellowship on a DAILY basis.
- In Acts 2:47 Scripture tells us that the church evangelized so frequently that the Lord added to the church DAILY those who were being saved.
- In Acts 5:42 the Holy Spirit said, “And DAILY in the temple, and in every house, they (i.e., the early church) did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.”
- In Acts 17:11 we are informed that the Berean saints searched the Scriptures DAILY to find out if what they had been told was true.
- In Hebrews 3:13 the inspired writer reminded the church to “exhort one another DAILY“.
Good reader, the Bible makes it abundantly clear that our faith is not meant to be some sort of “Sunday only” religion. Instead, it is something to lived and practiced and obeyed on a daily basis.
Think about it.
“God loves you and I love you and that’s the way it’s gonna be!” – Mike