Jesus never gave anyone a big bag of money and said, “There, that will solve your problems”.
I find it interesting that while Jesus gave sight to the blind, made withered limbs whole and even raised the dead, he never healed anyone of Greed, Lust, Hatred, Pride, Ignorance, Cowardice or any other fault in character or behavior.
Jesus never said, “If you really love each other, having sex is not fornication”.
You’ve never read where the savior said, “All I want is for you to be happy”.
It may kind of sound good, but Jesus never advised anyone to follow their heart.
Some folks will tell you, “You only go around once, so go for the gusto!” Not Jesus. He never said anything like that.
Jesus never warned his followers to be careful about offending others. Obviously, his own people were so offended by him that they killed him.
Jesus did say:
- “You cannot serve God and wealth” – Matthew 6: 24
- Love your neighbor as yourself” – Matthew 22:39
- Everyone who looks upon a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart” – Matthew 5:28
- “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness” – Matthew 6:33
- “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine” – John 8:31
- “Whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he is the one who will save it” – Luke 9:24
- “I did not come to bring peace, but a sword” – Matthew 10:34
If we will simply pay close attention to what Jesus taught us, there will be little need to try and keep up with all that he didn’t. BY MARTY KESSLER
“GOD LOVES YOU AND I LOVE YOU AND THAT’S THE WAY IT’S GONNA BE!” – MIKE