THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT the following question please.
Is there ever a time—in all of the Bible—when God confined salvation—to just one location?
Let’s explore this together with an open mind and open Bible (cf. Acts 17:11).
Please read the following passage and then answer the questions listed below—1 Timothy 3:14-15 (NKJV):
- WAS Paul concerned about possibly being delayed in his trip to see Timothy in Ephesus? 14-15; cf. Jas. 4:15
- WHAT three designations did Paul employ for the church? v. 15
- WHAT kind of instructions did Paul give Timothy pertaining to the “house of God?” v. 15
- IS the word “behave” a synonym for the word “conduct”?
- WHAT do we mean when we say, “We OUGHT to do something?” WHAT does the word “ought” suggest?
- IS the house of God an actual physical structure (i.e., a building), or is it people? Acts 2:47; 5:11; 8:1, 3; 11:22; 13:1; 14:27
- WHO is the head of the house/church of God? Eph. 1:22; Col. 1:18
- DOES the word “house” or “household” of God equal “church” of the living God?
- According to v. 15, WHAT is one of the primary purposes of the church?
- HOW MANY churches did Jesus promise to build? Mat. 16:18
- Since Paul said the “HOUSE of God” is the same thing as the “CHURCH of the living God,” and since Jesus promised to build HIS (singular) church, HOW is it today that we have thousands of different churches/houses:
- which wear different names,
- which practice different (even opposing) forms of worship,
- and which teach contradictory doctrines?
- Is this what Jesus prayed and died for? John 17:20-21
- Is God the author of religious confusion? 1 Cor. 14:33