WHERE is Salvation? #3
THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT the following question please.
Is there ever a time—in all of the Bible—when God confined salvation—to just ONE location?
Let’s explore this together with an open mind and open Bible (cf. Acts 17:11).
Please read the following chapters and then answer the questions listed below—Joshua 2, 6-7:
- WHAT did Rahab the harlot say that knew the LORD was going to do to Jericho? 2:9-11
- WHAT request did Rahab make of the two spies she had hidden on the roof? 2:12-13
- WHAT did Rahab have to do in order to assure the salvation of her family? 2:17-18
- WHAT would happen if Rahab and any of her family left the safety of her house? 2:19-21
- WHAT had to be hung in the window of her house to assure the salvation of Rahab and her household? 2:18, 21
- WHO won the battle of Jericho? 6:2; 7:17, 22-23, 25
- WHO exactly was spared in the attack upon Jericho? 7:17, 21
- WHAT IF a member of Rahab’s family had watched her as she hung the scarlet cord in the window and asked, “Rahab, do you think we are the only ones who are going to be saved (or spared) in Jericho?” WHAT would/could Rahab have said?
- WOULD it have been arrogant for Rahab to tell her family member that salvation was confined to just one place (i.e., inside her house where the scarlet cord had been tied)? Would it have been wrong or unloving for Rahab to say that “salvation was found only in this this house?” (Explain your answer).
- If it had been neither arrogant, wrong, nor unloving, for Rahab to tell a loved one that salvation was confined to just one place (i.e., the house), would it be arrogant, wrong, or unloving for a Christian to say that “God tells us through His Word that salvation is found only in one place (i.e., the church) today? 1 Tim. 3:15; Mat. 16:13-18; Acts 2:47; 20:28; Eph. 1:22-23; 4:4; Col. 1:18